Monday, January 21, 2013

Reason #549 of why I was late to work...

I work with people who don't have kids. One of them is a 63 year old man who has never been married. I am fortunate that everyone is pretty understanding, but I know they really don't completely understand. I know it is even hard for me to comprehend how I can get up at 5 am every morning and still not get to work until 8. Every day it seems like it is a new issue that crops up.

This mornings takes the cake. I didn't even bother to explain myself. How can you explain to a person that has never been married and doesn't even have a pet that you were late because your toddler is constipated and she needed some privacy this morning. I had to sit in the family room with my coat on while poor Camryn grunted and strained in the kitchen. I couldn't even look at her without upsetting her more. Nothing was coming out so I just had to load her, completely against her will, and take her to Stacy's. I know that is demeaning an embarrassing for them- even at 19 months. She cried the whole way because her tummy hurt.

I can't even make this stuff up. I just walked in to my office and didn't say anything. I got word a little later that Camryn did successfully go. Maybe now everyone will have a better day.

No comments: