Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A 10 year old and a 1 year old and the blahs....

Today I took Camryn back to the doctor to have her spots checked out.  He is calling them Chicken Pox.  Whatever they are thankfully they don't seem to be bothering her.  She probably has 10-12 spots mostly on the same leg where she got the vaccine.  I've heard that the incubation period is 7-14 days for Chicken Pox so I'm wondering if she could've even been exposed to them before she got the shot and this is all a coincidence?  I'm also thankful we have an awesome sitter who is usually not afraid of various skin disorders and diseases so Camryn will be going back there tomorrow.  Stacy would've taken her today after her appointment but quite honestly I was wiped out.  There is something about taking a young child to the doctor that exhausts me.  I did go into the office for a bit but Camryn slept through it and everyone there had already had Chicken Pox. 

Tonight Jay has a Ag Teacher meeting.  Again, I thankful that it is in Greenfield which is only about 15 minutes from Miller.  Cade has football practice from 6 until ??  I'm struggling a bit tonight with the whole 1 year vs 10 year old thing.  Tonight was a prime example of when it is hard having two 180 degrees apart.  Cade has practice, Jay is gone, it is still 95 degrees, practice is 2 hours, I don't think Camryn needs to be out in the heat, it is too hot to sit in the car, etc.  So I dumped Cade out and left.  I really, really hate doing that but I didn't have much of a choice.  I also don't need to have Camryn up there because her legs look terrible and it is too hot for long pants.  When someone would ask what was wrong with her I'd have three options...1.  lie  2.  ignore them  or 3.  tell them it could be Chicken Pox and then count how many seconds it took for them to find another place to sit. 

I blame the blah part on the birth control pill my doctor gave me last week.  My suspected endometriosis is acting up again so he thought we'd try this.  Tonight Cade fell asleep on the way into practice.  I thought I was going to cry when I looked back and saw him sleeping and knew I was going to have to dump him out in this heat and leave him.  I know millions of people do it every football season, but it bothered me tonight.  What if he breaks his leg and neither of us are there?  What if they let practice out early and he is wandering around town?  Thank goodness Cade doesn't read this blog or he would be really embarrassed to know I was worried about all of that stuff.  I asked him a couple of times if he was sure he was ok with me leaving him and he kept saying yes.  This darn pill!  I'm not sure the weepiness is any better than the endo symptoms.  Good grief...there are a few football mothers I've ran into over the years who would look at me like I sprouted another head if I admitted any of that to them. 

Camryn is now sleeping and I should be picking up the house but then I got a text from a work friend about an email that came out late today.  I feel hot and worn out and decided I'd blog instead of pick up.  Actually, I think I'm procrastinating.

No comments: