Friday, December 17, 2010

A Conversation

I had to post a conversation between Cade and me last night. It's one that has to be recorded somewhere so I don't forget it. I will need to bring this up to him in about 25 years….

After basketball practice he was a little crabby because I would not stop and get him a drink. I wasn't being mean I promise! We had Gatorade at home, but he wanted pop, which I was not going to get for him. So that put him in a bit of a mood….

Cade: (whining) I wish I didn't have to go to school tomorrow. Why couldn't today have been the last day?

Me: Yes, but you only go half a day tomorrow and then you are out for two weeks

Cade: (whining again) Yeah but two weeks is not very long for me to do what I want to do

Me: Two weeks is a long time. Look at me, I don't get breaks like that. I have to go to work every day.

Cade: (a more intense whine) But you don't understand. I work harder than you.


 

Gift #4: Legos….that made Cade's day!

No comments: