Monday, March 19, 2012

March 19th

Today is Cade's 10th Birthday.  Where have the years gone?  Seems like just yesterday I woke up with contractions.  Now he's almost as tall as me. 

We had his birthday party on Saturday.  I tried to post those pictures this morning, but blogger was really slow. I took these this morning with my phone which is much easier to post.  We saved a couple of gifts for him to open this morning.  If you can't tell the theme was Lego.  That's supposed to be a Lego block on top.

Cade woke up to us singning him Happy Birthday.  After his shower he was treated to the breakfast of his choice....waffles, poached eggs and grits. 



 

Camryn was supposed to give him a Birthday hug but she was more interested in the balloons.




He got the 4th Pirates Movie.  Jay is going to be gone tonight so I think we are going to eat leftover pizza and watch this again.




He also got new shoes.  I would bet a million dollars that when I pick him up today they will look like he's had them 6 weeks.  This boy is hard on shoes.





This was his big gift that we gave him Saturday.  We still have to take down the tractor border and paint the top part white.  Jay went ahead and put the stuff up because he said "who knows how long it will take us to get that done".  I'm hoping it will just be a couple of weeks....


 


After breakfast we measured him on the door frame.  He is 4 ft 9 inches. 






Here's how much he's grown in the last year.



Since we were measuring we got Camryn started on her own door frame.  She measured 27 inches. 





Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Love the new room...I'm not sure about those colors, but I won't hold it against you. :)

Love the picture of Camryn on the door frame. I was downstairs in the storage room the other day and noticed a second growth chart on a support beam of the previous owners. I wish I could give that beam to them....

I need to see more pics of the themed b-day. You know how I love a good theme party!! :) Legos were a great idea. Love it!