Sunday, January 9, 2011

Again

As most of you know by now we had another failed placement last week.  I will probably have several posts about the experience this week.  Obviously there are a lot of things floating around my mind right now.  Not only is this a record that I still hope to be able to look back on some day and think "wow, we were going through that and our baby was..." But this is also good therapy for me.  Writing about my experiences has always been a way for me to deal with whatever I am going through.

I want to start out all of the posts with a verse from Job I happened to read last week.  I decided in 2011 I wanted to read through the Bible.  I've tried this before by starting in Genesis and I always get caught around Leviticus.  This time I found a plan where it was chronological which means you read Job after you read about Noah.  I thought this plan would help me.  The last day I read from the plan was on Tuesday morning before I knew anything about Baby C or what the week had in store for us....for some reason this verse really stuck out to me.

Job 2:13 Then they sat on the ground with him for seven days and seven nights.  No one said a word to him, because they saw how great his suffering was.

I know as humans our first instinct is to want to say something profound to those who are suffering or at the very least hopefully not say something stupid.  We would like to say the perfect words to ease their pain, but we all know we can't.  I've had numerous people tell me over the last year that they don't know what to say.  And I want everyone to know that is ok.  If it were reversed I know that I would not have the right words to say to you either.  I guess I feel like Job in the fact that we are surrounded by friends and family who don't have the words and they don't need to have them - they know how great our suffering is.  I know you all hurt for us and you are all praying for us.  I know you all were disappointed for us.  I also know that you are hurting for Baby C and for his mom right now. 

Even if you don't say anything we know...we understand...we feel your prayers....we love you to....

1 comment:

Kelly Pinson said...

I'm so sorry Crystal. That must be so hard. We are praying for your family.