Monday, January 24, 2011

Look Who's 1!!!

This weekend we went to Lawson's first birthday party.  I'm not sure he knew what was going on, but the rest of us had a good time!  I swiped most of the picture's from Charity's Facebook.  What a great invention!
This is a good picture of his front teeth.  See that enormous space between them?  He has inherited that from my mom and Charity.  Cade seemed to notice it for the first time Saturday night.  He said "look at his teeth, he looks like Red Skelton!"  For some reason my mom jumped in to make it known that the space came from her.  I think she totally overlooked the point that the 8 year old referred to an entertainer from 50 years ago.  I looked up some pictures of Red Skelton and I'm not sure I see the resemblance, but it is still funny.  I don't think I'd recognize a picture of him.  And they say kids can't learn anything from TV....

The lamb cake is a family tradition.  Every Fowler has a lamb cake for their 1st birthday.  We don't eat them because the recipe is old and it's full of raw eggs... we just look at it. 


I just love these little guys!

I there anything sweeter than a baby squat?

I love how at 1 yr Cade wouldn't have touched those toys but at almost 9 he is mesmerized by them.



A picture of all of Avery and Lawson's first cousins

Here Lawson is eyeing his cake.  He wasn't quite sure what to do with it....

It did not take him long to figure it out

He grabbed handful after handful of cake and shoved it in.  He was completely serious about eating his birthday cake.  But he did offer my mom a few handfuls....after he licked on it awhile.

This was a picture after Lawson got cleaned up from his cake.  He was really eyeing Dylan's piece.  As soon as Dylan got up Lawson swiped it and shoved it in.  Charity tried to get it away from him but it was useless.  He was up all night Saturday with a belly ache!

Isn't this the sweetest picture?  As soon as Cade got there Saturday night Lawson ran up and hugged him.  It was probably out of thankfulness that another male was finally in his house.  If we have to re-print profiles, praying that we don't, but if we do - I need to include this picture.  Cade will make someone such a good brother someday. 












1 comment:

Charity said...

I don't see the resemblance with Red Skelton, but I was really shocked that Cade knew who he was-what has he been watching to know who Red Skelton it?
I think the picture of the boys hugging is so cut- I like how Lawson has his foot up- it's pretty cute.