Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Last of the 12 Presents

When I said I was done with the holiday posts on my last one I forgot I still had to do one more for the 12 presents. We thought we had a pretty good idea who was doing the gifts until the Wednesday before Christmas. All along we thought it was Jay's Aunt LeeAnn. She has come up with some really good ideas in the past. The year Cade was obsessed with pirates LeeAnn and her family and Jay's other Aunt Mary put together a treasure hunt. It was complete with an official looking map with different clues that ended up at an old chest full of pirate related toys. That's why we thought it was probably LeeAnn….until we got a Christmas card from LeeAnn with a gift card to us and a note saying Cade's present was at Nana and Granddad's. That really threw us off…

My sister and I don't exchange gifts anymore, we only buy for the kids….was pretty sure my dad didn't do it….didn't seem like my mom's style….In Jay's words (not mine) it wasn't from his parents because everything was typed…Megan and Terry were about the only other possibility but it still didn't quite seem like their style either…

Saturday morning we finally got to present #12 and the question was answered. It came from Jay's cousin Corey and his wife Kristy. We were very surprised. They included a note saying they sent it because our year had been so tough. I can't tell you how much we appreciate their thoughtfulness with those gifts. By the time I read their card and then read the card Jay gave me along with my snowflake necklace I was pretty teary eyed! Corey and Kristy, along with their three little boys, live in Virginia. We don't get to see them very often, but we love the time we do get to be together. Jay and I are always saying that we wish we lived closer so we could be together more often. They are great people and wonderful parents.

Corey, Kristy and family – thank you so much for what you did for us. We love you guys!!!

No comments: