Monday, July 9, 2007

Happy 1st Birthday

to my favorite niece!

It's hard to believe that Avery Lynn is one year old today. This past year has gone by so fast. Justin and Charity let me be in the room while Avery was being born. I'm thankful to them for allowing me to be a part of Avery's birth. It was a neat experience to see my first niece being born and it answered some lingering questions that I had from C's birth 4 years earlier....

Right after she was born and they put her on the warming table to check her out and Charity asked me how she looked. My mouth answered "She's beautiful" my mind was thinking "Oh my goodness, what is wrong with that baby's head?" When I got closer I saw the bruise and realized she had a large bump from the suction. Avery has such a pretty round head now, but a year ago I would've never guessed it would've been as cute as it is now. Besides her head changing (for the better) she's gone through some other changes lately. When she was first born she seemed to be easy going, but her independent attitude is really starting to show. I thought she might end of being more like me, (since I'm raising another Charity) but I think her Mommy's personality is starting to come through. Besides Avery having a birthday it also means that Justin and Charity have been parents for a year. I'm sure they are glad to be through the infant phase. By the looks of things at Avery's party Saturday night, they'll still have plenty of excitement around their house. Avery got a ride on toy and the first thing she did was stand up on it and look to see if anyone was going to tell her to get down. It looks like the testing of the waters has begun. Good luck guys, you're going to have a lot of fun in the next few years!

Avery tried her Lambie cake and didn't care much for the coconut. Grammy would make all her grandkids and great-grandkids a lambie cake for their first birthday. Aunt Helen helped Charity make the cake so the tradition could be carried on.


Avery finally tore into her birthday cake after she got over being mad at Mommy. Charity blew out Avery's candle because she was trying to touch it and Avery let us all know she wasn't happy about it.




Avery got a wagon from Justin and Charity and all the kids had to try it out. The other little girl is Justin's niece Kennedy. Avery is only about 2 week older than Kennedy.


The party's about over and the star of the show is looking pretty tired.


Charity - it was a nice party. You did a good job for her 1st birthday.

No comments: