Friday, December 14, 2012

The longest, busiest, tiredest weekend of 2012!


We had a busy weekend!  We started Saturday morning with a special Christmas breakfast and an early delivery from Santa-Joe, the Elf on the Shelf.  We are having a lot of fun with that.  So far Joe hasn’t done anything naughty, but it is fun thinking of new places to move him each day.
Who's at the door???



 
Mrs. Claus must have wrapped this one...I think her signature colors this fall are red and leopard together.  It works well in clothing or wrapping!




Camryn thought the plastic box was more exciting than the elf


 
Then in the afternoon we had the Miller Christmas Parade.  I tried getting a picture of the kids before we left.  That didn’t go so well.  Camryn and Camera's are not getting along right now.

I love the look on Cade's face.  He is pretty patient with his siter.  Probably more so than I was.  I was sweating by this point and I still had to get the car loaded with a screaming kid at my feet. Our neighbor was at the parade and she said she could hear Camryn crying.  I wondered if she could hear me saying "quit pulling my hair."  I'm sure if she could hear me yelling in one of my not good pareting moments she knew better than to tell me.



 
Our church did their live Nativity again this year so the kids dressed up and walked in the parade.  Since my fingers were frozen these were the only pictures I managed to take.



After the parade we went to a concert at the First Baptist Church.  It was really good!  We heard a lot of good music and a love offering was taken to help out families in town.  Samantha did a great job organizing it.  Very impressive considering she has finals this next week.

Sunday was a whirlwind of a day.  We practiced and organized during Sunday School then had a quick lunch right after church and then the men started setting up the outside. 

While Jay was helping set up and gather livestock to have in the show I took Cade to Aurora for his first Cake Decorating class.  We had signed him up for his usual 4-H stuff this year, but then out of the blue he said he wanted to decorate cakes.  We think it is great, but we were really surprised. He gets pretty frustrated in art class because of his perfectionism, so I wasn’t sure how this would go.  He loved it.  When I picked him up afterwards he said he couldn’t wait to do it again.  We are going to bake cookies this next weekend so he wants to try out his tips again. Here is the finished product.  I think it is pretty good for his first time…..but I am glad he told me what they were.  I wasn’t sure.  If you can’t tell it is supposed to be a Hereford. 
 
We were pretty nervous about how the weather was going to be Sunday night but thankfully the rain held off.  We made it back to the church that evening and everything went smoothly. It was pretty cold though.  By the time we were done that night I had a hard time working the music on my laptop because my hands were so frozen.  But it was well worth it.  I just love thispicture.  I’m also honest enough to admit that I’m glad it is over J

No comments: