Friday, March 4, 2011

And the decision is....

We have finally made the decision that usually ends up being the biggest thing we decide on all year – Cade’s Birthday Theme. Someday his wife will curse me when she has to plan themed birthday parties for him. Drumroll please…..It is a Football theme. Surprise, Surprise. We toyed with a Chiefs/Razorback theme, but my head could not wrap around two different shades of red with the decorations. It was too much for me and felt too all over the place.



While the dress code won’t quite be like the SEC’s we will put on the invitations to wear something from your favorite sport team. I’m thinking it doesn’t even have to be football related. If I were a true SEC girl I’d wear something like this….




I have no idea how those girls climb up the hill that Jay has have to climb to get back to the truck.  It is a killer in tennis shoes, I can't imagine hiking it in a pair of heels.  And we visited Tennesse's stadium in Knoxville last May.  It's also not the best situated place to walk to in a pair of heels either.  It has got to be a southern thing.  Their feet are more accustomed to hills and heels (ha, ha that's funny!).  Definitely more so than my raised 30 miles from Kansas flatlander feet  but I've digressed.... Since I’m not a true SEC girl (and my feet say THANK YOU)  I’ll just wear a t-shirt.   I’m even thinking a Miller t-shirt since that would technically be my favorite team. But just to be safe I’ll get a pre-approval on that from the birthday boy. I also have a Chiefs and a Razorback shirt so I’ll wear the one Cade wants me to.  I may need to balance it out because I'm afraid the house will be swaying very much in one direction....

And for those of you attending who don’t have a sports shirt we will still let you in the door (Charity) because if we will let in someone wearing MU stuff (Megan) we will let in anyone. Ha Ha, sorry I couldn’t resist it. You know we love you no matter who your favorite team is!






2 comments:

Charity said...

Glad I will still be welcomed! I don't understand how the SEC girls can wear what they wear to a FB game...I mean what more American than FB, a t-shirt, jeans and tennis shoes! I would not be caught in a dress and heels at a FB game...better yet, I probably won't be found at a FB game unless it's to watch Cade or Lawson play!!

Anonymous said...

Ummmmmm, what's wrong with MU stuff Crystal, thought I helped raise you better than that!

Laura