Tuesday, May 28, 2013

We had a great weekend.  I’ve got several posts on Camryn’s 2nd birthday party and other things from the weekend.  But I thought I’d go ahead and share yesterday’s highlight.  We had a relaxing day at home.  Jay and Cade worked on different animal things getting ready for the county fair next weekend.  I did a few things around the house and then napped with Camryn while she took an almost 4 hour nap.  Later that evening we had thought about driving around some car dealers.  We are dipping our toe into the waters of possibly buying a new family car.  I’m still on the fence….I look at our checkbook and think “no way” but then the 4 of us get in the car and I think “I can’t handle this for another second.”  But for some reason last night I didn’t feel like leaving the house.  That would’ve required makeup and regular pants.  I just wasn’t feeling it.  Instead we ate Taco Salad’s outside at Camryn’s new picnic  table…..and dressed Charlie up in a leftover birthday hat.  We were just enjoying the evening.  That is until Jay told Cade to get the pigs out…..




I heard Cade say something about some nasty water. I just ignored the talk while Jay got up to see what Cade was talking about. Then I heard Jay say “oh, no – you’ve got to come get Camryn.” I still wasn’t too concerned until I got up and saw what Jay was talking about….there is a hole in our backyard. Normally that wouldn’t be a big deal….except it is from our septic tank rusting though! The hole itself isn’t very big but it is quite deep. We are just thankful no one fell in at Camryn’s birthday party or while Jay and Cade were exercising the pigs.


So on top of everything else Jay has to do for the fair he also had to call someone about replacing our septic tank. They will be out next week. In the meantime I guess we just stay clear of the hole and pray we don’t get a lot of rain????? What a way to start the summer!!! I think car shopping is back on hold.  But when Jay talked to the guy today we don't think it will be quite as expensive as we had imagined last night.  Whew! 

No comments: