Thursday, April 25, 2013

When you know someone else is matched.....

Today a friend told me about an acquaintance who has been matched with a baby and the baby is expected to be here any day. Yikes! The minute I read that I got that feeling in my stomach. Any one who has adopted knows exactly what I’m talking about. That nervous, excited, think I’m going to puke or possibly hyperventilate any second feeling. My friend was asking me to pray for this family – which I will of course, but then my mind wandered to the legal aspect of it. My next question was what county would the baby be born in because knowing when TPR (Termination of Parental Rights) will be legal is more pertinent to someone who has adopted than knowing the sex of the baby. You don’t necessarily mean to become that way, it just happens. Adoption is just a completely different way of becoming a parent than biologically.  And no matter how long you've been out of the waiting game you don't forget how it feels.


Camryn’s birthday is 6 weeks from this past Monday. I still can’t get over the fact that 2 years ago I didn’t even know Camryn existed. It is crazy how slow but yet how fast adoption can move. Even though we had 3 years, 8 months and 1 day to prepare for a baby we still weren’t prepared when Camryn was born 2 weeks after we learned about her. The way God wrote her story and our story and then connected them together still amazes me.

I also know my friend gave her friend my blog address. I don’t know if she will read it or not – she may be way too busy (which is great) but if you are reading our family will be praying for you (and hopefully those who walked it with us who remember what it is like will also pray for you).  It will be the craziest, most exciting, but most nerve wracking experience of your life….and the results are oh so worth it!!!



Can you believe we didn't know about this little girl  2 years ago?

No comments: