Friday, October 19, 2012

Boots and Football

I'm scheduling this post to show up Friday morning.  Hopefully while you are sneaking a peek at our blog while at work on Friday, I'm on my way to the great craft shows in Arkansas.  I love craft show weekend!!!!  Since it wasn't going to work out for me to go on Saturday I decided to take a me day on Friday.  I am so looking forward to it.  I'm also going to hit up a couple of boutiques I've been reading about but run out of time (and energy) when we are in town for the games.  Hoping we all have great Fridays and weekends!


Jim and Sharon got Camryn some pink boots last week.  She was pretty taken with them the night Jay brought them home.





She had to wear them to Stacy's the next day.

Cade had his last football game last Saturday.  If anyone is tired of me going on about football here is a classic example of why it drives me nuts.....
The Tuesday before his last game I took him to practice.  I hear the coaches tell the kids that if they win their game on Saturday they will be in the playoffs.  Since we had only won 1 other game I didn't think the risk of this was too high.  But that seemed to get the kids pretty excited.  Our game was supposed to be at 11:30 on Saturday which was going to give Jay plenty of time to get to the Arkansas/Kentucky game at 6 that night.  Jay took Cade to practice Thursday night.  After practice, about 7:30, Jay found out they had changed the game time from 11:30 to 4:30.  He was pretty ticked as were a lot of other parents.  Everyone was scrambling to rearrange weekend plans.  Saturday rolls around and Jay and I see the other team warming up and we think there is no way we will beat them. Then on the first play of the game we scored a touchdown...and ended up winning the game.  I think the parents faked excitment when they told us we would play Tuesday night.  That meant the week and weekend plans were now on hold.  We couldn't plan anything until we knew the game schedule for Tuesday and possibly Saturday.  We left the game that night still not having a clue when or where we would play Tuesday.  That created other issues because our parent/teacher conferences were scheduled for that night and Jay would be tied up with his all night.  I would have to go by myself.  By Monday morning the rumor was going around that another team had lost on Saturday so we were out of the playoffs.  That had been passed down through some other reliable parents.  Finally Monday night Cade came home with a note telling the boys they were done and we were to turn in the uniforms at 6 pm Tuesday night.  Those poor boys were so excited about the playoffs and they got a note at school.  Good grief.  Due to our conference with Cade's teacher we were 30 minutes late dropping off Cade's equipment and they were already gone.  There was another parent who got there 15 minutes late and he didn't get to turn in his stuff either.  I figured it would take at least 30 minutes to get everything checked in.  Apparantly they just chucked it in the shed and got the the heck out of dodge.  It's just as well.  Jay and I are glad to be done with football.  We have a fun weekend planned that does not include sports (Arkansas is off this weekend) and I'm looking forward to it.  We have a 4-H fall party at a corn maze that afternoon and then our church's fall party that night.  It will be some good family time!



No comments: