Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Seasonal Allergies

Jay and I are quite a pair right now. His allergies this spring have been horrible – the worst I've ever seen him deal with. He's had some sort of snotting/snorting problem since the first part of March. It finally caught up with him last weekend…his ear started to hurt. Monday morning he went to the doctor and found out he had (and I'm quoting the doctor here ) a raging ear infection. $75 later he is hopefully on the road to recovery. Jay can now sympathize with poor Lawson…pressure in his ear, can't sleep through the night, and just plain doesn't feel good.

I had been feeling fine until Sunday morning – I had managed to escape all allergy issues up to that point. I woke up with a sore throat and it progressed from there. My nose is so stopped up I can't breathe at all. Since I can't breathe through my nose while I'm sleeping my mouth is wide open. I don't know how many times I've woke myself up because my snoring was so loud.

Last night, once again, I woke myself up snoring. Then I couldn't get back to sleep because Jay was snoring. Since he'd been having such a hard time sleeping I didn't want to wake him up so I moved to the couch. I watched a little TV and then went back to sleep. At 3 am Jay woke up and said he could hear me snoring on the couch. I kept him up for awhile with my noise.

We really need to get over our stuffed up noses or I'm afraid we're going to end up on those sleep apnea machines!

No comments: