Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Prom 2011

This past Friday Jay and I went to Prom at the Pythian Castle in Springfield.  We usually go every couple of years...typically it's a cheap meal, there are other adults to talk to we don't see very often, and it's a fun occassion to get dressed up.  Actually typing that makes me feel a little pathetic....we have to go to a school dance and listen to horrible music to have a social life???  And yes, I just said that the music was horrible.  I'm officially old.  When I went to my Senior Prom 16 years ago I would've never dreamed I'd admit that.  The music was too loud, I couldn't understand the words and all the songs sounded alike.  We stood at the wall with the West's and talked about the good old college days and how they don't make music like they used to.   We sounded like we were in our 80's instead of just our early 30's.  When we weren't talking about the good old days we were looking and updating Facebook on our phones.  Is that not ironic?  But the kids looked like they had a good time, that's the important thing....and my ears will eventually recover.  I think the most used word by the adults that night was "Huh?" 

I felt like such a Prom Nerd asking Julie to take our picture...an adult (who does not have a child there) who has a camera at prom might be considered creepy or weird.....but it's for the profile!  You sacrifice all your pride when working on a profile book - you have to ask someone to take your picture over and over until it looks right.  Thankfully all of our photographers have been very patient with us (Thanks Julie!).  The adults on the other side of the room probaby thought what weird-o's.....If only they knew...

And here we are at Prom 2011.....

No comments: