Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Playing Joseph

Cade was Joseph on our church Christmas float this year. The night we were working on the float and decided Cade would be Joseph, he became very serious about his appointed role. I was multi-tasking in the basement that evening. I had started out helping with the float but at 7:00 pm I switched over the helping decorate the basement for Christmas. I wasn’t part of the Joseph discussion so Cade came over to let me know. Then he very seriously asked me what baby we were going to use. When I explained to him it would have to be a doll he seemed to be a little disappointed. Then again, very seriously, he asked me how he needed to stand. He demonstrated several stances and facial expressions. Playing Joseph was a serious role around our house the next few days. We discussed it frequently.

No comments: