Thursday, December 11, 2008

The NASCAR Experience

Blogging Note - On the post describing my current medical issues I said I'd have some interesting pictures to show. After re-reading that it sounds like I had pictures of all the cysts and stones. I meant interesting pictures of our trip not the CAT scan. Sorry if I grossed someone out. Here is the post with the really good pictures.

One of the highlights of our trip to Charlotte was visiting the Lowe's Motor Speedway. I'm not a NASCAR fan, but it was still interesting. There were about 5 or 6 cars practicing that day and it was so loud, I can't imagine how loud it would be on race day. I think your hearing would be permanently damaged or at the least you'd be partially deaf for the next few days. Besides winning a wonderful plaque and the honor of being the outstanding ag program in region 4, Jay and Lyle also won a cash prize. Since the money was burning a hole in their pockets while we were at the Speedway they found a way to spend it. We all are guilty of spending money and not really remembering what we spent it on. I think Jay and Lyle can safely say they won't ever forget what they spent their prize money on this time.


Welcome to the Richard Petty Driving School:
No, it's not Ricky Bobby & Cal Naughton Jr from Talladega Nights, it's Jay and Lyle. They rode in a NASCAR 3 times around the track going 165 mph. I don't think Jania and I have laughed as hard as we did watching them get in and out of the car (see the last picture for an example). All Jay could think about while he was in the car was that he wouldn't be able to get his head out of the car. I'm already seeing the above picture on the slide show at the FFA Banquet in May.


1 comment:

C Shepherd said...

I'd like to suggest a new name for this blog:
"Jokes on Jay"