Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I Feel Fabulous

Kristy, my cousin-in-law nominated me for this award while we were in Charlotte. It's taken me awhile to put it on our blog because 1. I was trying to get all the Charlotte posts done, but that hasn't worked out and 2. I didn't know who to pass the award on to.

Here are the rules to receiving this award:1. You have to pass it on to 5 other fabulous bloggers in a post.
2. You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post.
3. You must copy and paste the rules and the instructions in the post.
4. On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them.

Five current fabulous addictions:
1. Christmas movies on Hallmark and ABC Family: I can kill a whole Saturday because they draw me in, even if I've seen them a million times.
2. Christmas Music: I'm sure I'm driving George and Tom nuts in the office.
3. Being with Jay and Cade: I enjoy just being at home with them and wish we could do that more often
4. Blogging: Not only do I enjoy writing on ours I enjoy reading other blogs.
5. Reading: I'm on quite a reading kick these days. It's much more fun than doing that annoying housework like laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc

Five other fabulous bloggers:
This is the one I've had problems with. Kristy's blog is the only one I read that I actually know the person. There are a few others I read, but I don't personally know them. Almost three years ago I found a Christian forum for infertility called Hannah's Prayer. I think I've posted 15 times in the last three years, but I check it often. There are a lot of blogs that I've read on there that have given me encouragement over the years. Since I don't post that often no one knows who I am, but I know a lot of them and their stories. I'm pretty sure that could be a definition of a stalker??? I don't want anyone to think I'm some creepy person sitting in a dark basement using the computer to track down these people so I won't list them. Instead I'll list some blogs and sites that I keep up with. I guess this isn't actually an award, but just a list of things that I check out frequently. Think of it as a way to get to know me and some other people a little better.

1. The Shepherd Times - This is Corey and Kristy's blog. Corey and Jay are first cousins, their dad's are brothers. It's been nice to be able to stay up on each other's families since we don't get to see each other often. Corey and Kristy just had their 3rd son last week. I'm looking forward to getting to know another little Shepherd through their blog. He was born at 28 weeks 6 days (I'mnot sure I've got the days right but I know he was under 29 weeks). Benjamin seems to be doing very well considering his early arrival. You'll need to look at their blog - I'm amazed by the size of his diapers and the fact they still look huge on him.

2. Stuff Christian's Like - With the rest of my list I had to at least put one down that's more on the silly side. I don't keep up with this as often as I used to, but I check it out every once in awhile. There was a good one recently about how Christmassy is your Christmas sweater. I thought it was funny, but I also have a weird sense of humor.

3. Bring the Rain - This is a blog written by the wife of a member of Selah. Their 4th daughter received a "not compatible with life" diagnosis about half way through the pregnancy. I found the blog a few weeks before Audrey Caroline's birth.

4. Skylers Website - This isn't technically a blog, but I do check it every day looking for updates. Skyler, the son of one of my former co-workers, has an inoperable brain tumor. Since finding out about his diagnosis last May, Skyler and his family have never been far from my thoughts. We pray every night with Cade that God will heal Skyler's tumor.

5. Colby's Caring Bridge Site - Again, this isn't a blog but it's an important site. Colby is the little boy in Cade's class who was diagnosed with lymphoma last June. I check it often looking for updates on Colby. He is also in our thoughts on a daily basis and we are also praying for his complete recovery.

Ok, after writing out that list I feel a little teary. This has been quite a year.

No comments: