Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Does Your House Suffer from CHAOS?

At least one night a week our house turns into utter chaos, and it has been this way for years. Toys everywhere, laundry piled up (usually clean that no one has wanted to fold yet), mail on the counter, bathroom counter covered with my makeup and hair supplies, etc. This usually happens somewhere around Thursday evening when my work week has finally caught up with me and I'm exhausted. Also Thursday night is CSI night so nothing gets done around the house between 8 and 9, except with this writers strike I don't have an excuse at the moment. Normally by the weekend it's somewhat back in shape until the next Thursday rolls around. When I tell people this they don't believe me because anytime someone is over at our house it is always clean. I don't know if they've figured out that they were invited, so yes it is clean. I'm very much a perfectionist and when people come over I want it perfect, but after they leave chaos seems to reign once again. Today on another blog I learned what CHAOS stands for and it fits my house to a tee - Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome (I think that is so funny). Yes, my house suffers from CHAOS, I am admitting it. If you show up at my house uninvited you are very likely to see our CHAOS, but that's ok (or at least I'm telling myself that it is, but if anyone does see my house like that I will want to crawl in a hole) Does anyone else have a night that is utter CHAOS, surely I'm not the only one....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have those nights usually on Sunday's when I get home from spending a weekend at my dad's. I remember one Sunday afternoon when you and Charity were little the house was a wreck Hal & Mary stopped by, Terry & Wendy came by, Wendy was expecting Mitch. She went to the restroom and later after they left I went in there - it was total CHAOS. No tissue paper was out, toys were on the floor. - Mom.