Friday, December 7, 2007

Ok, I'm going to bore you all with pictures of our Christmas decorations. This year I am really excited about my trees. Some years they just seem prettier than others. I was trying shots with with different things on my camera so some of these pictures aren't the best. There were a lot of things about my camera I didn't know about until Wednesday night. I still can't figure out how to get a picture of the tree looking the way I want it to, but this will give you an idea of how some of the house is decorated. I do decorate the entire house, even the bathrooms. In case you're wondering - it is tasteful (at least I think so) I don't have a toilet seat cover that looks like Santa or anything like that! J loves it because he gets to carry in tub after tub of decorations!



C in front of the Christmas Tree in our family room


Trying to get a picture of the tree showing the lights, but it didn't work so well



I've always put a 2nd tree in the Green Room, but I've never been happy with it. In general I'm pretty much unhappy with that room - I just can't get it decorated to suit me. I think that mostly has to do with the fact I'm trying to turn a bedroom into another family room. I'm not using the room for what I really want to be using it for. This year we decided to try something new - we got a real tree. I finally like the tree in that room. I wanted it to look old fashioned so we strung popcorn and I made Gingerbread Men for the tree. I've been so happy with how that tree turned out this year


You can see the tree topper a little better in this picture. There is a store in town that I love. I guess you would call the style "Colonial" It's more early American than primitive. I went in the store one day last week at lunch and found the perfect topper for the tree. I decided to think about it because it was a little more than I had planned to pay. Mom called me that afternoon and told me to go buy the store and pick it up. She had bought it for me as an early gift. Thanks Mom, it goes perfectly on the tree!


Close Up of the Gingerbread Man that I made for the tree in the Green Room

And last but not least.....

My favorite part of my decorations - The Nativity Scene. I splurged in 2004 and bought this Demdaco set. I had wanted it for a long time and I thought 2004 would be my last year of having extra money because in 2005 I would be pregnant. God must've laughed the day I bought it because of what I was thinking. I don't mind, I laugh at myself everytime I put it up. Little did I know I could've bought one every year since then. I guess I might as well go ahead and buy the Wise Men!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always thougth you were very good at decorating your home any time, but especially at Christmas. You have a very unique way of making it cozy and homey. Maybe because of so much time that you spent at Aunt Kathy's. I always thought her home was warm and inviting.
Love,
Mom.