Thursday, September 6, 2007

Really Getting Started Today.....

because tonight is our first Home Study Interview.

I think after tonight we'll really feel like we're getting somewhere, even though it could still take another 3 years to finally make it there. I'm not really sure what to expect tonight, Pam didn't really say much except she wanted C to be there. I'm guessing tonight will be more of a "get to know us" type meeting and then layout what she wants/expects when we meet again. Our house is in perfect order (or at least is was when I left, hopefully C won't do too much damage in an hour this afternoon???). I almost feel like we're "fooling" her, our house doesn't normally look this perfect on a Thursday, or any other day of the week. It's not that we don't try and keep it clean, but things have been hectic this summer. I told J this morning that I think this is the first time the entire house has been clean at the same time since we left for vacation. I've only had time to do a room here and there so it's nice to finally have the whole thing clean again. I probably threw our shower into shock last night because I had cleaned it Sunday and then I cleaned it again last night. It hasn't gotten that much attention in ages! I'll update the blog first thing tomorrow morning with how the Home Study goes tonight. I asked C this morning what he was going to say if Pam asked him if we wanted to adopt a brother or sister and C said he only wanted a brother. Hopefully that's not a strike against us already!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking about you guys tonight. Call if it's not to late when Pam leaves, I'm curious as to what Cade will say.

Charity :>

Anonymous said...

Good Luck tonight! In your whirlwind preparation, you did remember to remove the lock from Cade's door, didn't you? ;o) I'll be anxious to read your report.

Crystal said...

Thanks for thinking of us. We really appreciate everyone taking the time to read our blog.

Leslie - I did remember to remove the lock, but I left the chains by the bed. Maybe she didn't notice?......