Monday, September 3, 2007

It's 4:30 a.m. and I'm Awake....

because I'm scratching. I'll start from the beginning of the weekend...
Friday night Mom and Pampa came to watch the first football game, which we won. We got home that night and when I got into bed I started itching. I didn't think too much of it because I was so tired. At 1:30 a.m. I woke up really itching so I got up to see what was going on and I was covered in hives. I took some Benadryl and went back to bed. Saturday morning they were still there so I took more Benadryl and passed out on the couch. I woke up around 10:30 and got ready to go into town for the Fall Festival Parade. My hives were looking better so I thought they were gone. During the parade they came back. After the parade J and Terry headed to Fayettevile because they are proud owners of Razorback Season Tickets, courtesy of Nana and Granddad. C and I went home to take a nap. When I woke up I was in really bad shape so Mom came back and took me to Urgent Care. I left there with a shot and prescreption and really scared because my blood pressure was 158/120. By the time I went to bed Saturday night the hives were gone, but when I woke up Sunday they were back. They got better during the day, but we came to Dad's last night because today is Grammy and Granddad's sale and they got worse after I was outside. I'm really wanting to go to the sale, but I don't know if I'll be able to stand being outside today or not. This week has been pretty stressful so that may be partly what is causing the hives.

Saturday morning C watched the History Channel again and they were featuring the states. When we got to Walgreens Saturday night to fill my prescription C knew that the flag flying at Lone Star across the street was the Texas flag. I asked him if he learned that from the History Channel and he said yes. Saturday night he learned about big Tsunami waves and he's decided he doesn't want to live close to where those will happen. It took me awhile to convince him that a Tsunami shouldn't affect us in the midwest. He is getting more and more like me in the way he worries about things. I think we drove Mom crazy Saturday night because I was fretting all night about my blood pressure because it's never been high. I kept asking mom if she thought it was because of the hives and the Benadryl so she kept having the reassure me. Then out of the blue C said "I hope we don't have a tornado tonight". The sky was perfectly clear. That sounds like something I would say.

Just FYI - I took my blood pressure last night at Dad's and it's pretty much back to normal. I'll still follow up with my Dr like they told me to do at Urgent Care just to make sure. Who know's if I keep this itching up I may be seeing him Tuesday.

No comments: