Thursday, April 30, 2009

Is it a girl, boy or CAT????

Avery said something funny last night. It’s been awhile since I’ve been able to laugh over a child just getting a grasp on language. Cade’s more into facial expressions now which is just as funny but it’s hard to blog about that. Cade can also come up with some zingers, but it’s different from Avery who doesn’t quite have it all together yet.

Avery has a cat that she calls Miss Kitty. Every time I’m on the phone with Charity I can hear her screaming repeatedly “I want to talk, I want to talk”. If I were Charity I’d never pick the phone up in the evening because Avery doesn’t let up until you let her talk. So Avery will get on the phone and we pretty much always have the same conversation…
Avery: You know what my kitty did?
Me: What did your kitty do?
Avery: He spit out his food
It’s the same conversation every time so last night I tried a different approach…
Avery: You know what my kitty did?
Me: Let me guess, I bet it spit out its food
Avery: He spit out his food
Me: Hey Avery, did you know that your cat is actually a girl?
Avery: No Crystal, he is a CAT!!!!

She was pretty firm on the fact that Miss Kitty is not a girl, but a CAT. I decided it was best to let it go….but I may try it again the next time I talk to her. Kid’s are so funny.

No comments: