Thursday, April 9, 2009

First Day at Work

Monday was my first day at the new office. So far, since Jay's been at district contest, things have been hectic so I'm not sure what the new schedule will be like. I'm ready to get some normal days so I'll know how much of a difference this has made. The last few night's I've been completely exhausted. It's not like I'm having to learn anything new - but I am having to learn new people quirks. I guess that is making me tired???

The only hitch so far is that on the first day I overhead a conversation between two of the women there and I knew one of them had to be pregnant. Yup, she is. So I've moved to a job that is supposed to make things easier, but now I have to deal with this. It really sucked the joy from my day on Monday. I know that it's terrible to feel that way but that's what infertility does to a person. No matter how hard we fight it, it is so hard to face the tell tell signs of pregnancy...especially every day. It also hasn't helped knowing that our profile was shown twice last week and we haven't gotten a phone call so we can probably stop thinking about those situations now....

But I had mentioned last week about needing it to warm up so I could have some good Jay/Charlie stories to tell. Well I may have something better. Monday night Jay agreed to be the head coach for Cade's Coach's Pitch baseball. This year there are enough kids for 3 teams so Jay was asked to coach. Oh yes, this could be an interesting summer.....

No comments: