Friday, February 6, 2009

Happenings from Thursday

Today my supervisor and his supervisor have been conducting interviews for my position. It’s a little weird to be sitting here looking at someone who will be taking my place. I’ve never experienced that before so it’s definitely a different feeling. I feel like I’m sizing up competition, even though I’m not. Since I’m a pleaser I’ve thought what if they like her better than me? What if she does a much better job than me? What if George thinks “man Crystal was an idiot compared to her”? Yes, my fears are totally weird and I haven’t dwelt on them all day but it did cross my mind a time or two. Right now it’s looking like someone could be here around the first of March. YAH!!!

Today I also had my follow up visit with the surgeon about my gallbladder. I think I’ve mentioned before that I had one incision that was bothering me more than the others. The doctor noticed that particular incision had a stitch that didn’t dissolve. I’m wondering if that’s why it has been bothering me? There’s nothing like trying to stand up straight, hold a shirt up and not breathe while a doctor is coming towards your stomach with a pair of scissors and tweezers. I didn’t want to breathe because I thought he’d stab me with something. Thankfully he tugged a little and it came out without any pain. He did tell me the pathology report came back and I did indeed have gallstones, which was obvious, and the lining of the gallbladder was very irritated. I think it’s a good thing we decided to do the surgery when we did, otherwise we probably would’ve been doing this as an emergency surgery at a later date. I can already tell a difference in the way I feel. I don’t have the feeling of pressure that I had before at the top of my stomach and the pain around the right side of my ribs is gone. I’m feeling really good and I’m pretty much back to normal.

No comments: