Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Dreaded Valentine's Box

Some of you may remember the Great Valentines Debate of 08. If you don’t here’s a refresher. I had, mostly my own internal, debates about Cade’s Valentine’s Box. I had numerous discussions inside my own head about what to do for a boy’s box. I was a little stressed out about it. Jay used his phrase of “I’ll make it happen” which is code for I’ll get around to it after I take care of State Degrees and Proficiency awards. So last year, the night before the party, I worked on the box while Jay was at yet another FFA meeting of some sort and Cade slept. He passed out on the way home so I let him sleep.

This year I started my nagging a little earlier – I again reiterated the fact I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH A BOY’S BOX. When I started in on it Jay once again used the “I’ll make it happen” phrase which I told him to not even say it because once the words are uttered I know it isn’t going to happen. I stand corrected – Jay did make it happen this year. Last year Jay did see the importance of the Valentine’s box after helping Cade into school. He saw some of the other kid’s boxes and realized a Wal-Mart sack really wouldn’t cut it.

Thanks to a Mt Dew bottle, a TP Roll, a roll of aluminum foil, a bottle of craft glue and of course Jay we have a Valentine’s Box and it’s only Wednesday. The party still isn’t for two whole days. Now we need to finish those Valentines……3-D hard plastic cards that require a 6 year old to use a Sharpie to write on them….I’m almost 32 and I don’t trust myself with Sharpies. There have been lots of reprimands this week about not being spacey while holding a black Sharpie. So far the Karate uniform is the only thing that’s been hit.

I'll post pictures later.

3 comments:

Charity said...

So is the V-day box a robot? What ever it is it sounds a little more boyish than last years.

Charity said...

So is the V-day box a robot? What ever it is it sounds a little more boyish than last years.

Charity said...

Why do I always post twice...?!