Wednesday, June 13, 2007

We have a table for 4......

For our first anniversary J and I bought an antique round table that came with 4 antique chairs. We were so excited about our purchase. Even though kids were still off our radar at the time, we knew we wanted 2 kids to fill up our new table. God had other things in mind for us because 6 months later we found out we were pregnant with C. I like to say that he was the best surprise that I've ever gotten. When he was about 18 months old he moved to the big table and has been there ever since. The nice antique table doesn't look quite so nice anymore, it is definitely showing it's age, but I still love it. The only problem with the table is that there is still one chair that's not being used and it happens to be the chair directly across from my spot. Even though J sits to my left and C sits to my right, it still feels empty because the spot that I look at is empty. We've tried for 2 years and several failed fertility treatments to fill the spot, but nothing has worked. That is what brings me to this blog and the purpose of it. We have mailed in an application for domestic infant adoption - we are officially started on trying to fill the empty place at our table. I know that God has a plan for everything and I'm excited to see his plan unfold through this journey.

No comments: