Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Criminal Check

Last night I had my fingerprints done for my criminal background check. Instead of doing it the old way of using the black ink on fingerprint cards, I had my fingerprints scanned. The old way consists of using the black ink on every finger and then sending them off to the Highway Patrol along with $14. This way is cheaper, but it takes longer. The new way is to have each finger scanned into the computer and it's sent directly to the highway patrol. This way cost me $12 more, but it was worth it. I didn't have to get my fingers yucky with the black ink and my results should be back in about 5 days. Tonight J and I are going to sit down and try to figure out when we can get all the appointments scheduled for him and C. I made doctors appointments for us yesterday, but after I made them I realized J & C appointments would have to be changed. I don't think C is ever going to get his 5 year old check up done. I tried scheduling it in April and rescheduled it two times that week before I ended up cancelling it all together. Now I have to call and reschedule it again. I hope they don't have a record of all the times I've changed C appointment because the Dr's office may start to get cranky with me. Oh wait, it won't matter because they were already cranky with me when I made the appointments. There must be something in the air because every time I've tried to do something lately it seems I'm dealing with cranky people. The drs office told me they won't even bother to file my adoption physical with the insurance company because the insurance company won't pay for it. I'll be responsible for the checkup and the lab work. I called my insurance company and they said the physical would be covered up to my limit of $500. I know it will be a fight when I go to the drs office, hopefully everything will get filed correctly and the insurance company will pay. Paying for all of that without insurance isn't something that I want to do, especially since I figured out what we owe for the hernia surgery. It's amazing how much a little hernia can cost....I guess I'll be repeating the first part of Matthew 6:25 Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life.....and Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life.
How many of us have a hard time obeying this verse? I know this is one of the hardest ones for me!

No comments: