Monday, February 13, 2012

How Cade is handling it....

My friend Sandra asked me a few weeks ago how Cade was handling becoming a big brother.  I told her I thought he was adjusting fine, but that his therapist may tell me differently in 20 years.

Up until this weekend I think things have been fine.  The last few days I've wondered if he is finally going through an adjustment period.  I'm wondering if Camryn becoming more and more animated lately is causing it???

It started Friday night.  Camryn is still sleeping in our room in a pack and play.  Right now she is doing find and I don't have plans to move her yet.  We probably will when she turns 1, but she is a quiet sleeper and doesn't disturb us.  Also, the window in her room is huge and we need to have a blind specially cut for it.  We haven't gotten around to having that done and I won't put her in there until there is a blind.  She may be in school before we get it done.  Anyway, Cade let us know his thoughts on the subject Friday night.  This was out of the blue on the way home from Homecoming....

Cade:  When is Camryn ever going to sleep in her own room?
Me:  I don't know.  Is it bothering you?
Cade: (with a snotty tone to his voice)  She has a room.  If she's not going to sleep in it I don't understand why she even needs one.

Then Sunday night Jay's parents came over to see the kids, but I think Cade knew they wanted to see Camryn crawl.  He didn't want to sit in the family room with us.  When we finally got him in the room he sat in the chair and didn't say anything.  He did look like he didn't feel good so I asked him if he was ok.  He said his stomach hurt.  But when he started showing Memo and Papa Jim his Wii football game he started feeling a lot better.  We didn't hear anything about his stomach hurting the rest of the night. 

I knew there would be an adjustment period at some point.  I'm kind of surprised it hadn't happened sooner. 

No comments: