Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Plans and Blueprints

I've got several different posts rolling around in my head, but this happened on the way home a few minutes ago.  I had to post this instead, mostly for our on memory.

Cade is obsessed with dates right now.  He's constantly asking how old we were in different years, what year we were married, what year we were born, how old would he be if he was born in X year, etc.  Tonight he asked one of his favorites with a different twist.  He wanted to know when we were married but then he said he knew when we were married, he wanted to know what season it was.  I explained to him it was December 18 so it was one week before Christmas.  We talked a little bit about having a winter wedding vs a summer wedding and stuff.  Then he said "I know what I'm going to get you for your anniversary".  Thinking it would be something like a card or something along those lines I asked him what he was thinking he'd get us.  He was quiet for a minute and then he said he didn't want to tell me.  I said that was fine and I understood.  Then he says (completely serious)....

 "I also need to draw the plans up first.  Actually if you knew of a place I could have blueprints drawn that would be the best"

Unfortunately we arrived at our mailbox at that moment and he got distracted from his plans by a shiny advertisement for Dish.  He then started  a conversation about why he thinks DirecTV is better than Dish.  Of course my interest in the gift idea went from being "oh how cute" to "what in the heck is he imagining ".  Maybe someday, when he has access to blueprints, I'll finally know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you have any ideas what his "gift" could be? kind of scary if he needs to get a blueprint made:)

Anonymous said...

I think if I were you I would watch Cade very closely for the next several years, sounds like he could teach us all a thing or two.
Love you blog, love learning about your family. Much love to you all!
Laura