Thursday, June 4, 2009

New Look

I've changed the background in honor of the county fair this weekend. Cade's chickens are somewhere over 7 pounds I think. I'm sure Jay will correct me if I'm wrong. When Jim and Sharon's chickens are 6 weeks old they weigh about 4 pounds. We have some seriously overweight birds. Luckily the weather has cooled down a bit because it was quite a challenge for Jay to keep his chunky chickens cool enough so they wouldn't die of heart attacks.

Today Jay is weighing his kid's chickens so they can figure out what ones to put in the show. Our chickens have their legs marked by plastic bands - we have blue left, red right, yellow right, etc. Jay said Cade is really getting into helping him pick out what birds they should enter. He was saying that red right was looking good but blue left was looking like he was getting bigger. Jay said it was really funny to hear him talk about the birds.

I'll be sure to post a picture of these giants after the fair. I know everyone is on the edge of their seats waiting to see them.

No comments: