Monday, June 8, 2009

Sunday

Sunday was a big day for us. Cade was baptized. I got really teary watching him and Jay walk up to the front of the church to Walter. I was thinking back to the night he was born and my dad telling Jay that the best thing he could ever do for Cade was to make sure that he went to church. Seven years later here we are. It was also a little hard thinking that my baby was old enough to do this. We started going to our church when he was 10 months old. He’s not supposed to be 7 yet. I’m sure I wasn’t the only one in the congregation thinking that either.

Cade made this decision completely on his own – meaning we didn’t push him into it. He has been asking questions for the last few months. Since we go to a Christian church we take Communion every week, which (I think) prompted a lot of his questions. Over Memorial Day weekend he wanted to do it. I wasn’t at church that Sunday because I had stayed with my grandpa. Jay had a hard time talking him into waiting until I could be there, but I’m glad he was willing to wait!

I sat through church thinking how blessed Jay and I are to be Cade’s parents. Even if God decides that one child is all we need, I’m so thankful that we got the one that we did. He is such a great little boy. Since I’m tearing up again just writing this I’ll leave it there for now.


Here are some pictures of Cade with us and his grandparents after church yesterday.

1 comment:

Grace said...

I found your blog through HP, and I felt so at home because our situation is so similar. We also have one son (age 4 1/2), and are trying to add another child to our family through adoption. I just wanted to thank you for sharing your story. We are in the waiting game too, and it is hard!

Grace