Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Another No

As most of you already know, we heard back about the situation and it was a no. It wasn't our baby. It was a hard rejection to take for both of us. Even Jay, who has normally been very optimistic about everything, is starting to get disappointed. We are trying to keep the faith, but each time something like this happens it gets a little harder to bounce back...a little harder to try and look forward to the next opportunity...a little harder to beleive that there will ever be an end to the cycle we've experienced for so many years.

I know we've had a lot of e-mails and things from friends about how they had prayed for us and we really appreciate it. I won't lie, this is probably the lowest point I've ever been at in maybe my whole life??? I don't know if Jay is at that point or not, but I know that he is also very discouraged. Not only do we have to deal with each disappointment it seems like everywhere we turn we're getting hit with pregnancy announcements, babies and crappy $3 high chairs. That only seems to add insult to injury.

I guess what I'm saying is that we appreaciate your kind words, but also understand that it will take Jay and I some time to work through all of this. We know what we are supposed to feel towards others and to God and we will get there....it just may take us a few days to get past how much we physically hurt to look to what's ahead for us.

No comments: