Friday, May 2, 2008

Charlie Update

Wednesday evening Jay tried turning Charlie loose again. We were outside practicing baseball so Charlie stayed in the yard for about 30 seconds and then he was gone. Cade batted for about 5 minutes and he was done. I went back in the house to do dishes. Jay stayed outside and talked to a previous student who stopped by. Jay came in the house later and told me what had happened to Charlie.....

Charlie got a ride in a VW Bug. I've never ridden in one, Cade hasn't ridden in one and as far as I know either has Jay, but our dog has. He ended up at the neighbors again so they brought him home. Jay has tried to be nice about it, telling them they don't have to worry about Charlie but they won't listen. We know they're being nice, but Jay doesn't like people micro manging his ability to take care of his dog. He gets that enough at home, he doesn't need input from the neighbors. So now we don't know what to do. We want to turn Charlie loose, but we don't want the neighbors bringing him home every night. Of course when this happened Wednesday night it led to all kinds of jokes between us about them wanting to see what Jay was wearing. Charlie was just an excuse to see if Jay would be wearing something crazier than the snowman pants.

I'm sorry I was in the house. I keep imagining Charlie in a VW Bug and I laugh. I think those cars are cute, but yet I think they're funny looking. Same thing with Charlie, he's cute but his legs are so short it makes him look funny. When I put them together in my mind it's just hilarious. Of course Jay isn't laughing quite as much as I am about the situation. He just wants them to leave our dog alone, but we don't think that's going to happen.

Jay finally read the blog after this last problem with Charlie. He seemed to be a little on edge because he informed me that I was wrong when I said the kids were using a softball. It is in fact a baseball because they couldn't get their kindergarten hands around a softball. I think he's just sore about the last post, but thats what he gets. If he's not going to read them I can post whatever I want about his attire :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah I'm reading them.