Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Another Princess Party

 
 
Since Mom Camryn had so much fun at the Rapunzel party we signed up for a Cinderella Party.  Of course Camryn had to have a new dress to wear.  I had originally bought a really cute outfit from Kohls.  There are a lot of Cinderella things out there now. Then Camryn and I were browsing the Wal Mart fabric department and decided to make her Cinderella dress instead.  I had done that before with a simple Peasant pattern.  There are people who sell them professionally so I have kind of taken their ideas and turned them into my own.  I made Camryn a Snow White one when she was 18 months old.  She still wears it and claims that it fits.  While we were picking out fabric Camryn also spotted some pink and green and yellow fabric.  She pointed to them and told me that I could make her an Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) and Tiana dress next.  She's a girl who knows what she wants! 
 
As you can probably see by the next picture this party did not go as well as the Rapunzel party.  It started Friday night.  She said she was cold and wanted a blanket.  She never moved from that spot and quickly fell asleep.  Saturday morning she said her throat hurt.  I gave her Tylenol and she perked up, but it wore off about party time and I had forgotten to pack it.  Before the party we went to Kohls to look at a new shirt for Jay.  While we were there I changed her into the Cinderella dress and slippers.  She screamed bloody murder over the shoes.  I ended up having to buy socks while were in Kohls AND open the package prior to checkout just to get her to put the shoes back on.  Apparently something was rubbing on the tops of her feet.  Once we got to the party she decided her toes hurt so she took them off.  I didn't care by that point. 
 

The building these parties are in is really small. There are 20 girls and then enough adult chairs for 1 parent per kid. It felt like ever kid there had at least 3 people with them. The place was packed. Camryn doesn't handle big crowds very well and she wasn't feeling 100%. That meant she wasn't interested in participating much. I mostly stood to the side and held her along with my purse and a pair of shoes. I was ready for Cinderella to Wish Upon a Star so I could get the heck out of there.  I asked Camryn why she didn't like it as much and she said it was because there were too many people there.  I felt the same way.  I had a hard time getting pictures because there were so many people in my way.  But at least she didn't hog the crayons this time.   
 

After the party I ran a couple of errands.  She normally is a really good shopper, but she was a crank pot that day.  I was looking for a sweater to go with her Easter dress.  One about the color of the flower in her hair in these pics.  She said "It's too bright, I don't like it."  I told her it wasn't too bright.  She said "Well it's too big."  I said it was her size.  Then she said "it's too small and it's too bright."  I asked what color she'd like to have then.  She said black.  We left the store without a sweater. 
 
After my errands I took her to the play area at the mall.  She lasted about 10 minutes.  She got trapped on a toy by a baby.  I kept my eye on her to make sure she didn't do anything mean.  She handled it really well but I knew she didn't like it.  When the baby moved along Camryn moved to a different toy.  Then a little girl about 18-24 months started hugging her.  I let that go on for a while to see what would happen.  Camryn stood stiff as a board.  When a 3rd kid, a boy, joined the hugging party I knew it was time to rescue her.  When I picked her up I asked her if she was ready to leave and she said yes.  I decided to by her popcorn to make up for the traumatic play ground incident.  Babies and hugging - two of her least favorite things.   
 
She fell asleep on the way home, around 5, and slept all night.  I was holding my breath on Sunday morning.  She woke up in a great mood and never got sick.  She must have just been really tired.  Whew!!!
 
And if Camryn wasn't cranky this weekend it was because she was "texting" people.  If you get a weird text from me don't be alarmed.  It's more than likely Camryn. 






No comments: