Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Potty Training

I probably doomed myself when I wrote a few weeks ago I was considering Camryn to be potty trained.  She was doing so good.  So good that I removed the Diapers line from my monthly budget and gave away all of the million swim diapers we had in her closet.  What a mistake!  Ever since my surgery she has been backsliding. 

She won't poop in the potty.  Ever.  I apologize if you come to our house and see a nugget that got loose from me hiding somewhere.  I try to get them all but sometimes things can get a little wild.

She is wetting the bed constantly.  I messed up a few weeks ago and bought regular pull ups instead of the overnight pull ups.  After the 7th day in a row of changing sheets and having Jay tell me he felt like he worked in a hotel I bought the overnight ones again.  Now we are changing sheets every other day.  She is even wetting Stacy's bed during naptime.  Last night Jay said that we needed to take Stacy some overnight pullups due to the Hammon's Fountain.  Stacy didn't actually call Camryn Hammon's Fountain that was Jay's contribution.  Have you ever bought Overnight Pull Ups?  I'm going to have to add "Diapers" back to the budget if the girl starts wearing at least two of those a day. 

I think the problem is that she doesn't want to go to the bathroom.  Stacy can't get her to go all morning and then at nap time she floods the bed.  It is the same way for us in the evening.  I've wondered if there is a reason for that - like a bladder infection or something. She doesn't act like anything hurts her so I don't think that is the problem.  At first I thought it was a "punishment" for my surgery.  Stacy even commented that it reminded her of when they would leave their cats at home and then the cat would poop everywhere once they got back.  Yup, that's what it reminded me of to.  But now it's gone on for longer than her just getting back at us...unless the girl has a vindictive side and won't let it go.  That wouldn't surprise me either.

Since she backslid I've been having some internal conversations with myself on if I would have her use swim diapers.  I mean the chlorine would kill the pee germs and most kids probably pee in the pool anyway.  And I've never been convinced those swim diapers hold in urine anyway.  But then I had a vision....

When Camryn was an infant we went to White Water for Night Water.  We sat in the baby pool area.  I can't remember exactly why, but Cade was in the baby pool.  He bent down to pick up what he thought was a rock.  It wasn't a rock.... He and Jay told the lifeguard they found poop in the pool.  Have you seen Monster's Inc when that monster comes back with a sock stuck to his back?  That was what happened at White Water.  Whistles were blowing, people were exiting the pool...the lifeguards formed a barrier around the water and patroled it so no one would go in.  Management looking people were sprinting in and people were talking on walkie talkies. It was crazy.   Even though we weren't directly responsible (it was not Camryn's nugget) I still felt bad.  Kids were crying, parents were stressed, etc.

I am not ready to have all of White Water hate me because Camryn could poop in the pool.  I'm going to buy more swim diapers.  One thing I've learned with Camryn is that life is too short and I'm too old to handle that kind of stress.  I'll be adding swim diapers to our summer budget.    

No comments: