Thursday, August 9, 2012

My least favorite time is....




Any time I try to get Camryn to eat. It is becoming quite old and extremely frustrating. I think she is one heck of a picky eater. It makes me want to pull my hair out. Actually I feel like the Beast from Beauty and the Beast. You know the part where Belle refuses to eat with him so he screams in a terrible voice if she doesn't eat with me she doesn't eat at all. Almost nightly I scream in that voice inside my head...Fine then don't eat!!!

This picture is what it is like 9 out of 10 nights...don't want it, won't eat it, gonna toss it over the side of my chair...And yet again I heard Beasts voice....or maybe its driving me so crazy I'm starting to hear voices.

Tonight is a prime example of nights where I really don't know what to do. Jay and Cade are at the State Fair. There is no reason for me to cook. Sometimes I wonder if I should even bother trying to get her to eat. I open up something only to have her not even put it in her mouth. It frustrates me.   I do think she has an issue with textures.  She will eat chips and fries (things that scare me that she will choke).  I think she prefers things she can pick up and bite off herself rather than softer more baby friendly foods.  I'm really hoping once she gets old enough where we can balance out what she likes with what she can eat it will be better???  But that's also what I told myself a year ago when I had to scrape cereal out of her mouth because she was screaming and wouldn't close it.  Yeah, it will get better....

So yes, she still is on full feed bottles. She refuses milk out of a sippy. I tried it again last week and she promptly handed it back and said bottle. I get the feeling this is only the beginning of many more battles....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: