Tuesday, April 5, 2011

What we did Sunday...

Sunday was one of those much needed days where we did something together as a family.  I know I've blogged about this hundreds of times over the years, but March/April is such a hard time on our family.  Jay is unbelievably busy.  He is gone late several nights a week and every Saturday for over a month.  Then with the weather being so yucky, it's been hard to do much.  We all have had the winter blahs the last few weeks. 

Sunday was my dad's birthday so we traveled to Sheldon to have lunch with him. We had a very nice time just getting out and being together. I think just a change of scenery and doing something different did a world of good for our moods.





 As you can see Lawon loved his lunch

The kids sang Happy Birthday to Papa Kerry 
(Sorry for the chicken carcass on the edge of the picture)


 After lunch dad took the kids out to fly kites.  This is definitely a treat for Cade because we do not live in kite flying terrain


While we were outside flying kites Jay volunteered to stay in with Lawson.  I can't figure out why.  If someone does figure it out, please let me know....

No comments: