Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Who's that Boy????

Last night we had our Parent/Teacher Conference at 6:15pm.  Jay and Cade had been at school all that time because Jay was also having conferences.  I worked late last night because I had to be in our Cassville office, where I have no computer, so I needed to catch up on some things.  Needless to say I didn't feel like going home and cooking dinner after 7pm.  We went out to eat.  Cade has a fascination with those quarter machines in restaurants.  Once he is done eating he heads to the machines to stare at the trinkets contained in those plastic bubbles.  I usually give in and give him the $.25.  Jay thinks its ridiculous, but maybe it will be one of those things that when he's older he'll look back on those little memories and smile....and hopefully forget about the bad ones from the last few mornings!  Normally he only does this in the Mexican restaurant in town and they are only $.25 for a piece of gum.  Last night we ate at another place and they are a little pricier.  He needed two quarters.  That just caused me to have a thought...when we are working on homework he freaks out when you ask him how much are two quarters.  It usually causes a stressful situation for all involved.  BUT last night he read $.50 and knew to ask me for two quarters.  He does know it when he wants to.  Maybe there is hope for his math???  Anyway, this is what he came back with for his $.50....


On the way home last night he said "Mom, this moustache is surprisingly comfortable and warmer than you'd think"

Looking at the picture this morning I think there is something about him that looks like my dad when he was younger and had a moustache.  Not that dad's looked like a piece of felt on his face, but I can see some resemblance. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just the other day my mom made the comment that she thought Cade really resembled your side of the family. . . .

Leslie