Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Estrace Update

Kristy asked how the Estrace was going. I'll update on it but Jay might really need to be the one to let you all know...

I don't think it's too bad so far. At this point I haven't noticed any weight gain or bloating. If anyone has ever taken synthetic progesterone you know what I'm talking about. I did that after two IUI's and thought it was horrible. That had me really scared about taking this estrogen but so far so good. Infertility weight gain seems to be really hard to loose so I would like to try to avoid it if possible. I'm pretty sure that most women going through infertiltiy would say that depression on top of the drugs is a big factor in the poundage problem. At least that's my theory!

My mood has been ok. This time of year is so stressful around our house and Jay and I usually have several "scheduling" discussions so its hard to know. I do think I've been a little weepier than normal. I kept tearing up during The Biggest Looser tonight.

A couple of weeks ago I did talk to another mother who had gone through embryo adoption and she took the estrace also. I asked about her mood and she said by that point they were so desperate for this to work she had no idea if it was her or the medication. I think that where I'm at. Mine is a little different though because I know I will have to
Do this at least one more time. I'm not as nevous because this is just a consult. But we have some big decisions to make before we get to Tennessee. I'll cover that in a seperate post this next week.

So to wrap up the Estrace - as long as Jay doesn't schedule three school functions on the same night I have something scheduled again we should make it to our appointment next week. If not, I'm not sure what will happen..

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Without starting a war, I did ask if the banquet date was okay. It is never a good time to go to Knoxville especially during a flood. But doesn't stress let you know you are alive??? Well maybe not. Sorry for the crazy life.