Friday, December 11, 2009


Right now I can't even think of a good title for this post. It's probably going to be a mixture of whining and expressing our frustration. I don't know it it's this time of year getting to us or the realization that we contacted our agency 3 years ago the end of this month or the fact that in 6 months we will celebrate our 5 year infertility anniversary. Five years…can you believe that?

Adding to this is the fact that every time I turn around I'm getting hit with baby something or other. I think things started bothering me about a week ago when I looked at a blog that I read on occasion. They, like us, were going through infertility and had several failed treatments. They were told their chances of conceiving on their own was very slim. You probably know where I'm going with this….yup they managed to get pregnant without assistance. Then to really add to it, they've dealt with 2 years of infertility and they still haven't been married as long as we've been trying. That was somewhat of a defining realization for me.  This is really taking much longer than I ever anticipated.

Then again last week I looked at a blog that I hadn't looked at since this summer.  Their situation was very similar to ours.  Their daughter is Cade's age, they had been waiting since February 2007 and they were placed with a baby in August.  I'm very happy for these families because I know the pain that they have been through to get to this point.  I'm just ready for it to be us for a change.

No comments: