Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Blog Update

I think this is the longest lack of blogging stretch I've ever gone.  I really hate that.  I love to blog and I love to look back at what has happened in our lives.  I hope I can do better because it is such a fun thing for our family to look back on.  I'll try to start out slow by just giving some updates....

Jay- He seems like he is having one of his busier school years.  It's not so much the actual teaching part but all of the other crap that comes with it.  Gone are the days of teachers hours....not that they really ever existed, but it is a whole new world even from what it was when I graduated...or even Jay's first teaching years.  My question is are we graduating kids who are really any smarter or better equipped to handle the world than my grandparents or my parents were?  Ok- down off my soap box now.  The other thing that has been big for Jay this fall is the addition of Mini Herefords to JCS Cattle Company.  Our neighbor said it best "you must really like things with short legs."




Cade- 7th Grade has been the best year (besides 4th grade) in Cade's whole school career.  I can not even begin to tell you how much easier things are for him.  We finally figured out he had some attention problems last year.  We've got that adjusted and then the fact that he is changing classes and doing something different every hour has helped his focus so much.  He ended the quarter with all A's.  We were so proud of him.  His grades had always been good, but his Math grade in elementary pulled him down.  He is actually liking math this year and he really likes his teacher.  I'm so thankful that we aren't having the evening meltdowns we had been having.  He played Jr High football and his season ended last month.  He did pretty well and he plans to play again next year. As of right now he doesn't plan to play basketball, which honestly is ok with me.



 

Camryn - She is as much of a sassy pants as ever.  That girl is going to be something else!  She was Rapunzel for Halloween because purple is her favorite color.  Last week we got two kittens.  She was still mad the next day because she wanted a purple cat and she didn't get one.  I used the last thing in my arsenal for telling her why she couldn't have a purple cat.  I said that God doesn't make purple cats.  Bringing God into any conversation with Cade worked like a charm.  He never questioned God.  Of course it didn't work that way with Camryn.  She said "Well God has a rainbow wand that has red, orange, green, blue and purple in it so God does make purple!"  I'm afraid I am so mentally unprepared to raise this child.





Me- I've been trying to keep the above three people plus my sanity together!!!  This has been a crazy fall.  I did get two fun weekends with my mom and sister though.  I went to Arkansas with mom and Charity for all the craft shows in October and then I spent another weekend with mom in Oklahoma at another craft show.  I love going to craft shows!!!  I had a lot of fun getting to spend 24 hours kid free with mom and Charity.  We need to do it more often.  I'm thankful that I have a husband who just says OK when I tell him I'm doing something like that.  He took over for the weekend.  He did a great job with them.  Except after he sent me a picture of Camryn, that he took out in public, I realized I should have set out clothes for her!      

3 comments:

Charity said...

Cade looks SO BIG in his football uniform!

Anonymous said...

I thought the same thing, Charity. We did have some fun weekends in October.
I'm so glad you updated your blog, I enjoy reading the posts.

Anonymous said...

I am going to have to see one of those mini Herefords in person. He looks precious. Might be harder to part with though.
Janella