Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Cade is 12!

Today is Cade's 12th Birthday.  I can't hardly believe he is that old.  Next year I will have a teenager in the house.  Yikes!!!  I was able to talk him in to one last themed party.  Since both of our birthdays are so close to St Patricks day I've always wanted to incorporate that somehow.  This year I convinced him to do a 4-H Clover and then that would give me an excuse to buy some other green things and call it a 4-H party.  At one point he told Jay he wasn't sure about this theme.  Jay said "oh, don't worry about it.  The theme isn't for you anyway - it is for your mom."  I do love a theme party.
 
Janella did our cake and of course it was wonderful.  I tell her what I want and she always does a million times better than I ever imagined.  I told her to put the clover and the 5 pigs on it.  If I was decorating it I probably would have stuck the clover in the middle and put the pigs in the corners.  Then after seeing Janella's cake I realized what I was picturing would have looked like flying pigs.  That is why Janella handles the cakes.  This one ranks up there as one of my favorite cakes she has done. 





I didn't get any pictures of the rest of the cousins because my memory was full.  I need Charity to send me those and I will get them posted.  We had a fun night.  Camryn was so excited about this cake that Charity caught her with a butter knife headed for it.  Since then Camryn keeps asking me if Cade's birthday is on or off. 
 
Prior to the party my dad and Lynn came bearing gifts. - and it wasn't just a card with money!!  Dad and Lynn and getting ready to redo our old house which means at 2 days shy of my 37th birthday I was moved out of my dads house.  He brought the contents of my childhood bedroom to my house in a Uhaul.  I wish I had a recording of Jay through out all that....
 
when I asked if he wanted to move the stuff to the garage before or after we ate 
"AFTER WE EAT - we can't deal with that on an empty stomach"
 
when I opened up the garage door to ask him how bad it all looked
"it's the most depressing thing I've seen all day"
 
when dad helped him unload the last box
"well congraulations you got rid of one room of crap"
 
when someone noticed Cade's last years 4-H cake was sitting on top of our computer cabinet
"oh great, we can give it to Cade when he turns 37"
 
after we moved in the piano
Well, we have officially ran out of house"
 
Sunday morning when I said the walls of the house were closing in
"well the garage is going to have to start puking some stuff out"
 
My dad also had a great one liner Saturday night about Charity and I getting the junk out of his house
"Remember when I wrote on Justin and Charity's picture at their wedding 'The Best is Yet to Come'? This is what I meant"
 
I think my second most quoted movie on this blog is Sixteen Candles.  Remember when girl drops a weight in the attic and it goes though each level of the house and you can hear people say "party's over'?  Yeah, that was what happened Saturday night.  But instead of a weight it was a piano.  Nothing clears out a room like unloading and moving one bookshelf and putting a piano in it's place. 
 
This was the kitchen after everyone left


And this picture doesn't quite do it justice, but this is the family room.  Cade's friend is sitting on a pile of books from the shelf that we moved behind him.  To the right of Cade is where the shelf used to be, but now a piano is there. 
And so you get the full aspect of this entire story I will share all of it. I've got a mystery lump. My doctor isn't sure what it is so I'm going for an ultrasound tomorrow - but I'm wondering if it is a hernia. It comes and goes and gets sore when I move around a lot.  After being on my feet all day Saturday before the party it was blown up and sore. Then we moved a piano - which I ended not helping with much at all.  Thank goodness my mom, Sharon  and Lynn directed some of the traffic on rug useage and door opening so my floor wouldn't get scratched.  And while all the adults were focused on moving a piano Camryn saw her opportunity to gorge herself on the cake that was left within her reach.  This was Janella's beautiful cake after Camyn put her entire face in it to eat the icing.

mystery lumps, pianos, 37 years worth of stuff, birthday's, icing overload....when  we do things we do it big!  And I appreciate having a family who doesn't mind taking over for me when I couldn't do it myself. 












No comments: