Friday, August 30, 2013

Random thoughts for the holdiay weekend....

College (and high school and mighty mite) football start this weekend. We are skipping Cade's Jamboree game to go to Fayetteville tonight so he can go to the Razorback game with Jay tomorrow. Actually we didn't realize we would be missing one of Cade's games when we made these plans. This is the first year they've done the Jamboree. I am oh so sad to be missing it....2 different age groups of teams, 4 different schools, 90+ degree weather, a sweaty 2 year old.....let me pause and wipe the tears from my eyes.... 

I've been sewing up a special game day outfit for Camryn. I could really get into this SEC dress up for games thing. If only I were 14 years younger and xx pounds slimmer and had unlimited funds....So I will dress up Camryn instead. I'm dedicated enough that I woke up at 5:30 am to finish Camryn's dress. Of course I wasn't able to completely finish it so I may have to use Nana's machine tonight. And Camryn won't care a thing about it. Since it is a pillowcase dress she will have it untied and running naked through Nana's house before they are done with the National Anthem.... 

This week the Miller Fall Festival is going on. I think it is true that you love your hometown festival but another town's just isn't the same. I'd never dream of going anywhere else but Sheldon the 3rd weekend in August, but I was the one to suggest that Jay and Cade go to the Razorback game. Skipping the festival didn't really bother me a lot....again, let me wipe the tears from my eyes about not having a fish sandwich this year. That is definitely a local tradtion that this non-local has yet to understand. Much like Jay's dislike for Chicken Annie's or Mary's....who eats spaghetti with chicken??? You just don't get it if you weren't raised on it.

 I actually have enjoyed the past festivals. When Cade was a little younger he would ride with his friends and then the parents would talk while we waited for them. Now Cade is big enough that we let him have a touch more freedom and don't helicopter around him as much. At least not on Wednesday and Thursday nights when it isn't as crowded. Wednesday night he ran around with his friends, Jay and our youth minister sat at our church booth and I was there as entertainment for Camryn. I had to rescue her from one of the rides because she was screaming and sweating so much. Also her diaper leaked really bad towards the end of the evening. My entire thigh on my jeans was wet plus it was running down my leg. Kolton, our youth minister, was completely disturbed by it. I'm afraid we may cause him to never want children. Camryn and I finished the night in the "ban" watching a movie. So shopping in Fayetteville tomorrow or spending the day doing more of the above mentioned in 90 degree heat...hmm let me think.......I'll try the festival again in 2014.

 The jury is still out on if Camryn and I will make an appearance at Freedom Fest Sunday evening.....It depends on the temperature and how much sweating may be involved. With a young child I measure my want of doing something vs the amount of sweat it will create. I'm not much into sweating unless I'm purposely exercising for my heatlh or some other activity where sweating is normal, like weeding the garden. Walking through Wal-Mart should not make me sweat, but with kids it will cause me to sweat buckets. Sitting at home and watching Little Einstiens for the 7896 time might win out over sweating in a pitch black field. It also doesn't help that the field is pitch black - I mean black and I'm afraid my child will get away from me and it would be almost impossible to find them. I made Cade wear a leash back when he was little....Actually he might still need the leash since he has his Uncle Terry's tendendcy to wander away.... 

I hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend! Hopefully there won't be any sweating involved. Unless of course you are trying to sweat then by all means sweat away!!!

No comments: