Thursday, October 13, 2011

4th Month

I have been having blog writers block lately.  I think life has gotten (wonderfully) boring with not having all the highs and lows of the adoption drama constantly.  I guess I don't have much to say :).  Also, I've got so many posts that need pictures it's ridiculous.  I never seem to have everything I need at the right time to get those pictures posted.  I have time, but Jay's laptop isn't home...Jay's laptop is there and Camryn is fussy, etc.  Finally this morning I got some pictures to where I could actually use them.  I guess there are benefits to a 4:30 am wake up call.  Hopefully I can get some things caught up over the next few days.

I'll start with Camryn turning 4 months on October 3!  I acutally started this post on the 3rd and it's taken me 10 days to finish it.  Oh well. I tried!Camryn went for her 4 month check up and shots last Friday.  She weighed 15 lbs 4 oz and was 25 3/4 long.  She was in the 85% for weight and 99% for length.  Right now she is wearing 3-6 months clothes.  I've even put some 9 month knit pants on her that fit fine.  I've boxed up all the 0-3 month stuff.  Camryn had issues with the doctor touching her at her appointment.  Actually she acted worse for that than she did the shots.  Later that evening Jim tried to hold her and she didn't want any of that either.  She is either starting to develop some seperation anxiety or she has a problem with men?  She's also not a huge fan of her dad right now so who knows.  That could all change tomorrow.  Babies can be very fickle!   


Over the last month we made great strides in eating off of a spoon.  I finally gave up on the cereal thing.  She takes it before bed in her bottle.  I went straight to apples and she took it fairly well.  The first time was a bit of a shock (above picture), but now she's eating like a champ.  So far she's had apples, sweet potatoes and green beans.  Even the green beans went down really well.  She is also such a neat eater.  I hope that continues.
As for her development this month she has mastered the Bumbo.  Too bad those weren't around when Cade was a baby.  I think it could've saved us a lot of frustration.  He would've loved it.  I wouldn't say that Camryn loves it, but she tolerates it pretty well.  We use it mostly in the mornings.  She sits on the floor and watches me put on my makeup.  Then I put her on the bathroom counter and she looks at herself in the mirror while I fix my hair.  It seems to keep her pretty content.  She still hasn't rolled over yet, and seems to have no interest in doing so.  I would've freaked out if Cade hadn't rolled over yet, but I'm not concerned.  I don't know that she is put down enough to do that.  She may not walk until she goes to school.


One of her absolute favorite things is bath time.  I had a little tub I used with Cade and I started using it with her, but she didn't like it.  Then I put her in the tub without it and she went crazy!  So I got rid of the tub and this is how we do baths.  Even on her fussiest nights, we can put her in the bath and she is great...until you take her out. 


Of course we had to get the traditional picture with Cade's head in there!  This was before church one Sunday.  I love this dress.  Actually I'm quite obsessed with smocked dresses right now.   She was such pink smocked sweetness that day.  Then after church we took some friends out for lunch and she had the worst public diaper 911 she's ever had.  It actually ranked as #2 on my list of worst away from home diaper disasters ever. 


 And a sweet smile to end her 4 month update!

No comments: