Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Weekend

Last weekend Cade and I went to Sheldon.  This was Cade's first time to see Baby Lawson.  I think it's safe to say that Cade was pretty impressed with him.  He spent a lot of time Saturday afternoon holding Lawson.  I think Cade did really well with him if I do say so myself.  It seemed to be pretty natural for him...or at least as natural as can be expected for a 7 year old.  For a boy that moves constantly he was content to sit still and hold Lawson for long stretches of time.

Here is Cade seeing Lawson for the first time Friday night

Here is Cade finally getting to hold Lawson.  As you can see Avery didn't want to be left out of the picture.

Mom and the kids made cupcakes Saturday afternoon

Here is Cade holding Lawson again.  I have to admit that watching this made my heart hurt.  Cade would make such a great older brother.  I really hope he gets the opportunity to be one soon.  I had wondered what was going through his mind while he was holding Lawson Saturday and later that night I got my answer.  He told Papa Kerry that he wishes we could adopt our baby.  What do you say to that?

Before I left the kids that night, in the care of Grandma Robyn, I got a pampering session from Avery.  It went ok until she tried to wind my hair around a round brush.  I told her that I didn't want to have my hair cut to get a brush loose, because it was just starting to grow out.  Avery informed me that she was trying to make my hair longer....like her moms.  Right before I left that night I heard Cade say "No, I'm not a girl".  I asked him what was going on and he said Avery wanted to play beauty shop on him.  That would've been an interesting scene....

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Awww, Cade looks like a natural!

And that library book story...soooo funny...especially when you were talking about how awful it was to confess it to the librarian! Ha!