Tuesday, March 24, 2009

In a Galaxy Far Far Away

There was a boy who had a 7th birthday party....

Cade wanted this years theme to be Star Wars. I've never seen all the movies, just bits and pieces but he seems to be obsessed with it. We even carried the theme through his presents. Jay and I got him the Lego Star Wars game and two light sabers to use with the Wii. We let him open up the presents from us on Thursday (his actual birthday) and we waited on the rest until Sunday. Just an FYI for those thinking about purchasing the light sabers for the Wii....I took a vacation day on Friday. Since I was home alone I decided to try out the light sabers. I almost took out our fireplace doors. The light part doesn't attach real securely. Luckily no one was standing close to me and the saber hit the doors instead of a lamp or something else more breakable. I put them away after the incident.

We had a good time at the party - all the grandparents and great-grandparents made it along with Terry, Megan, Charity and Avery. Probably the most interesting present came from Jim and Sharon. I won't spoil the "surprise". I'll let you see for yourself in the pictures.








Yes, that is a donkey. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess there won't be too many 7 year olds in the world getting donkey's for their birthday's. Do you remember the scene from Christmas Vacation where Clark has the family outside to plug in the Christmas lights? His daughter says "I hope no one I know drives by and sees me standing in the yawhat someone would think driving by the house seeing a bunch of us snapping pictures of two donkeys with red ribbons around their necks. I didn't fight Jim when he loaded them back on the trailer to return them back to their permanent home at their house. By the way, if you're wondering, their names are Jerry and Jenny.

The day was good. Cade's birthdays are bittersweet days for us. We are so thankful for Cade and for each year that he grows and is healthy....but it's still a little sad. Our little short chubby baby has grown into a long legged boy.

No comments: